Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thoughts on LagoVista




Hello friends,
I hope your reading Tom and Mateo, Since your the only two interested in my career.

Two days of La Primavera Cat2/3:

Day 1:
Huge Mammoth field, 6 or 7 I think. Director sportiff JB Wheeler applies war zinc oxide to everybody's face. His medicine was not strong enough for me as I broke a spoke on lap 1 of 11. Patrick was in a break for nine laps but fell off.
Lesson learned: Don't use different gauge spokes on 20 spoke wheels.

Day 2:
Warm and windy. Now riding front wheel with another odd spoke from Lee. 10 man break mid race with one Mammoth Chris Trickey. I killed myself riding "false" tempo up front and fell off 3 or 4 laps to go. Mostly killed from not wanting to cross center line in cross winds as would disqualify entire team. Trickey would not be happy with that news as he crossed the line in tenth place after fighting to hang on the break.
Lesson learned: "Discourage" the man in front of you on the wrong side of the line from getting back in.

No comments:

Post a Comment